I admit it. I can be a bit cheap. I will never be one of those people that seeks out the really expensive pair of shoes that will last a lifetime. I am much more concerned with the here and now of fashion and that's why I am all about the 40% Ann Taylor Loft sales, Old Navy, and Target. I don't want to invest a ton in a piece of clothing because my tastes change with the seasons when it comes to fashion. This is why I am a huge fan of Rent The Runway.
With RTR you can rent a designer dress for a fraction of the price for a number of days (4-8 days total). Worried about fit? They even send you a second complimentary size so you can be assured it will fit nicely. Even better, you can peruse their website and see photos and reviews from other ladies who have rented that same dress. Need some bling? They even suggest accesories that others have rented with the same dress you are hoping to wear. RTR takes so much of the guess work out. You can plug in your body type and it will suggest what dresses suit you best.
So far I've rented a number of pieces from RTR. Here is a little trip down RTR memory lane with a brief description of each piece and my thoughts.
Air Force Ball 2014: I rented my most favorite gown I've ever worn for my first Air Force Ball. What better chance to wear a gown named "A Night at the Oscars" then this little number. Though you can't tell in this photo, I also rented some cute earrings that worked perfectly with this gown. If I remember correctly they were 5 dollars to rent but saved me so much time becase, really, what do you wear with a dress like this and where do you buy it?
Air Force Ball 2015: This year I had fun in this Nicole Miller dress that was much more comfortable than the dress the year prior! I deeply regretted not renting jewelry with this dress because it would have taken the guess work out of shopping for jewelry that can even come close to rivaling a dress so beautiful and elegant. So, word to the wise, rent the bling and be done with it!
My Wedding: Yes girl, I rented that veil and I think it cost me 40 bucks. Risky yes, but once I heard how much it was going to cost for me to buy a veil for my wedding, I sprinted to Rent the Runway to see what they could offer me. Not only did they have awesome veils, they had headpieces, earrings, necklaces, and headbands for brides at the fraction of the price of the bridal stores I checked out. In fact, I ended up loving my veil so much I wore it all the way till the very end of our reception.
Rehearsal Dinner: See those beautiful sparkly earrings? Rented. I didn't want to have to mess with finding jewelry for our wedding weekend, so I rented a few (at 5 dollars a piece) and picked the ones I liked the best. If you are comfortable with game time wedding decisions, there are major savings with RTR.
So, there you have it! My saving grace! The best part is, first time renters get 20% off their first rental. Worried about returns? RTR even sends you a bag that is pre-labeled and paid for so you can pop the dresses in there and drop it at your nearest UPS store of box. So, what are you waiting for? You know you want to!





I love RTR --- Every time I have used it, I've had a great experience! I didn't know you could rent veils, so I'll have to look into that for my wedding! Thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeleteI keep hearing about RTR but have yet to rent from them. I want to- as soon as I have somewhere to go lol. That gold gown is amazing!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is the first time that I've ever heard of RTR. But I think it's definitely Italy something that I might need to check out. We don't have a lot of events where I need a dress, but we do cruise every year. I always like to be fancy for formal night on the ship!
ReplyDelete