Sunday, August 30, 2015

CMT Instant Jam with Darius Rucker

It was Tuesday night and I was mindlessly scrolling through Twitter per my nightly bedtime routine.  I happened to notice Darius Rucker had tweeted he planned to do a pop up concert tomorrow-somewhere in Charleston-with no details revealed till the next morning at 9am on Twitter only.  Immediately I turned to Rich and declared I had to go.  I knew nothing about the qualifications to get in, and frankly my declaration may have seemed impossible, but as a girl who has snuck gotten herself into any concert she's ever wanted to go to, I knew I was blessed with the skills for the task.

The next morning at 9am, I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to check Twitter as any 21st century social media queen would do, Darius his marketing team posing as Darius, revealed they would be giving tickets out at 11am on the Cistern Yard.  Well, that just worked out perfectly now didn't it.  Now, all I had to do was get in line.  I decided to go see what the line was looking like, and thankfully it was reasonable at that time.  Somehow by the grace of the ticketing goddesses, I was one of the lucky people who received a CMT instant jam wristband, which got me into the show that night at the Windjammer.  







  The only bad news is they only gave wristbands to the folks who were in line and you could not get one for other people, so that meant this Darius fan was rolling solo to the show.  Thankfully I am comfortable attending concerts  by myself (Justin Timberlake 2014 tour rings a bell).



I got to the Windjammer way too early and was able to secure a front row seat to the show.  The show was awesome. It even featured a moment when I had to stop Darius from singing to alert him that a woman had fainted.  Truthfully there was no way to alert anyone else because the staff and security were so far away from where we were jammed in and this was the logical thing to do.  It wasn't until afterward that I realized how funny that really is.   I am typically unphased by celebs and I think this pretty much shows that.  Thankfully there is video evidence of this otherwise no one would ever believe me!  See, I am not crazy!

The night was hot amazing and seeing Darius play on the dunes of Isle of Palms was certainly a highlight of my musical resume.  The show will premiere on CMT 9/5 at 10:00pm and I am anxiously waiting to see my front row dance moves finally get their much deserved national airtime.   Or...more like...I plan to watch it with one eye open!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I love this! And I'm also jealous, haha! I thought about trying to get a ticket, but couldn't get out of a work meeting. It looks like it was such an awesome time.

    xo, Carly - soak and simmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous you got to go -- Work always gets in the way of things like this!

    ReplyDelete