This weekend our little Ellie-bellie turned five. It is not lost on me that she won't live forever-though I slip that in my prayers at night just in case God takes mercy on this dog mommy's weak heart. I love her. I wish I could have 15 just like Ellie, despite all her challenges. She loves to carry things in her mouth, she's never met a human she didn't like, she'd chase every tennis ball you throw, she lives for a good walk, and has never once been mad at me. She's a winner of a dog. I remember the day I got her crying in the car because I thought, what did I just do?
Having a dog has completely changed my day to day freedom and I remember a great group of friends who gave me "the real deal dog talk" before I got Ellie. It's true, you do have a huge responsibility for the next 10-15 years. But, what I got was so much more than I ever gave up that day. Thanks Miss Ellie for being the best gal pal I could ever ask for. Here's a quick look at how we rang in the big five with a c-ELLIE-bration:
Dad came home for lunch and we all hung out on the porch. It was a gorgeous day.
We leashed up the girls for a car ride and took them to a delicious (human) frozen yogurt bar that serves dog yogurt treats too.
The Birthday Girl loved it, just as we thought she might.
Sister Sophie got one too of course and actually finished it BEFORE Ellie.
Happy Birthday my girl, may God grant my prayer and you live forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment