This past weekend I hosted a ladies tea party with a little Alice and Wonderland Theme. I have met so many great women friends here that I thought it was time to have them all over to my house for a Sunday afternoon. It was a great excuse to wear a summer dress and eat delicious food. The party set up was so easy thanks to Target's Dollar Spot and The Dollar Store, and given I had so many baking ladies, I didn't even have to do that much baking for 16!
I made little yogurt parfairs with granola and fruit in these tiny cups I found at the Dollar Store. I used ribbon and tiny tiny plastic spoons (also found at Dollar Store) to tie them together for a cute little cup.
Thank you again Target for the cute tags that I was able to write on and attach to all the drinks. The fun party straws behind are also found in the Target Dollar Spot.
I had a little drink bar area with tea, sweet tea, lemonade and water for the guests. We ate off of a mix of our fine china and my Pottery Barn Bunny Plates. People were a bit nervous to eat off our china but the point of having nice things is to get use out of them!
If this photo could only say how much of a pain it was to blow that Cheers balloon up! It was one of my favorite decorations in the house (and it still is up today!) !
This was the spread at the end of the party. So much delicious food!
It was such a great afternoon with wonderful friends we've found here. I am already scheming my next shin-dig when I get the approval from Rich that I can have more people over ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment