Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October Goals: Better Late Than Never!

A historical flood, buying our first home, and general life travels has got me considerably behind on updating and setting my October goals.  So if I may, here it goes, one week late.   But first, a recap of my September goals:

September Goals Revisted:

1. Book our trip to Virginia: DONE! Not only was this booked, we were able to complete our visit to Virginia and come back under contract on our first home.  Now, when I set this goal, I had no way of knowing we would be buying this house and traveling back to SC all under the struggle of a historical flooding event and a possible hurricane, so I can emphatically pronounce this goal achieved! 

2. Enjoy our porch:  DONE! We had the rainiest September and an ugly start to fall, but I was pleased with how often we were able to eat in our porch or just enjoy our porch.  Thankfully our new house has a back deck, so I don't have to fear as much losing this slice of backyard heaven, but we absolutely made the most of our fall nights on our current porch.     
 

3. Find more hairstyles: DONE!  I played with my hair all month and ended the month dying it...so I can say I achived this goal pretty well for the month.


4. Find quiet time: WORK IN PROGRESS:  I did the best I could.  I will continue to work on this-this may be a lifetime goal really, not just a monthly goal.  We also had one of the busiest months I can remember, so the fact that I can say I did this even to the smallest degree I shall count a success.


October Goals:

1.  Take a Hike:  We are headed to the mountains with a friends-giving of sorts (9 friends, in the mountains, from three states, this is a win for friendship everywhere y'all)  I want to "take a hike" in the mountains and see first hand the beauty of fall. 

2.  Throw things away/donate things we don't need:  We will have moved twice within the last year and even though I felt like we threw so much away and donated a ton to GoodWill, we still have so much stuff.  Our new house doesn't have as much storage so if it doesn't fit in our current house, no chance it is going to fit in the new digs.  It's time to minimize so I can maximize my happiness!  Things are just things.

3.  Do something scary: It's Halloween!  I want to do something scary.  Maybe its a Haunted House, a corn maze, or trying to tackle our wedding photos in an album.  I want to do something that scares me.  And no, taking the dogs out at night during snake season is not on the table as an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment